As we move to a new name for this site (CF-46.net? or CF-more.net?), there is some consideration for how a moderated “list serve” as part of an “extranet” for former staff could be added.
The goals would be to:
- Inform people based on topics: eg, send information based on registered members subject preference eg..
- Reunions, arrangements and Personal travel suggestions (and/or)
- Substantive Policy or Programme discussions (and/or)
- Special Emergency or Development focused situations (and /or)
- Historical research and inquiries (and/or)
2. Have option of how often individual members wish to be alerted
- All new posts
- A digest once a week would have posts or just links to the full posts
- A digest once a month that have posts or just links to the full posts
3. Have some topics only available to those members who wish to register e.g for freewheeling or in depth discussion…or possibly staff current or historical news
to be continued……
ps. of course some one will have to continue to do the work of moderating and helping members to register and update their preferences…..teaching how to add posts or suggest new topics etc,